Personal Development Made Easy
- People tell you that you need to calm down.
- You feel tense much of the time.
- At work or school, you find yourself not saying how you feel.
- When you are upset, you began being anti-social or separate yourself by watching TV, reading a book or even going to sleep.
- You are drinking or smoking frequently to help you calm down.
- You have trouble going to sleep.
- You feel people wont listen to you, so you begin to yell or shout.
- Friends do not seek you out much.
VERBAL vs. NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION
Communication can be expressed in many different forms, such as Words, Tones, And Body Language. Based on those three categories in a conversation;
* 7% is Spoken Word
* 38% is Tone
* 55% is Body Language
As you can see most of our communication comes in non-verbal form. So its safe to say that facial expressions, eye contact, body posture and motions can pretty much tell a story about a person without them ever speaking a word. Make sure you are aware of the way you express yourself, something so simple can be taken in the wrong contexts, which could be the difference in starting or avoiding a confrontation.
"Letting go of anger doesn't mean that they have won or have gotten away with hurting you, It means that you have decided to be strong and move on."